Playing Tourist in London

By Thursday, August 29, 2019


I'm 25! And that means if I want to pretend to be a tourist in my hometown, I will!









Okay so credit where it's due: I first spied this route on Secret London. I had it filed away for a not-so-rainy day and my birthday being at the end of August seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out.





According to my Strava, it took us just over two hours to complete the 10km walk and pretty much hit every possible landmark: Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, The Mall, Buckingham Palace...









St James's Park, Westminster and Big Ben (sadly undergoing repairs while we were there), the the London Eye and the Southbank...









The Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and then over the Millenium Bridge...









To St Paul's Cathedral, then along Cannon Street (where we stopped for tea and cake)...









Past Monument...









And Tower Bridge and the Tower of London...









To finish at St Katharine Docks where we got two eye wateringly expensive pints at the delightful Dickens Inn.









In hindsight, my beat up pair of Converse were not the best shoe choice for this walk. Were I doing it again, I'd be in some nice walking shoes or something with arch support but I still had a lovely time and we had gorgeous weather. I fully endorse this walk!


Related Posts

0 responses