The University of Stirling

By Saturday, May 25, 2013

I seriously lucked out with my choice of university. 300 acres of incredible park and woodland at the foot of the Ochil Hills and Abbey Craig (upon which sits the Wallace Monument). As if this wasn't enough, the campus also has a loch and a castle.

Halls and Airthrey Loch

Psychology research aside, the campus was a huge selling point in me picking Stirling as my university. I wanted to get away to somewhere that was distinctly not London.


Airthrey Castle sits overlooking Aithrey Loch and if you read Law, you're lucky enough to get taught inside it. It's also home of student radio station, Air3 Radio (see what they did there?).


The campus is home to a load of wildlife. We've got a wide assortment of garden birds, an impressive murder of crows, osytercatchers, ducks, swans, squirrels, rabbits and I've even seen some roe deer in the woods. Every now and then you'll see a horse too as the equestrian club take a trek.


And I haven't met a single student who isn't at the very least slightly intimidated by the swans.


You know, I actually don't have a lot to say in this post. It's mainly just gloating. 


Unashamed and unabashed...


... gloating.


It's unfortunate I won't get to enjoy the campus in its summer splendour but I'm certainly making the most of the good weather while I can!  

Related Posts

0 responses