Photo Diary: November

By Sunday, November 30, 2014

Third month complete!

1st November - Post-Halloween
Getting to my favourite part of autumn where the air is cold and crisp. (Made nursing my hangover a little more bearable...)


2nd November - Post-Halloween
Another Canadian food ticked off my list (thanks to trick or treat leftovers)! I didn't expect to like Coffee Crisp as I don't really enjoy coffee but it was actually pretty nice. 


3rd November - Studying...
Yet another stressful week ahead with lots of assignments due, but I was holding out for the weekend! 


4th November - Multitasking in the Student Union Building! 
Assignments and answering questions on Scotland for prospective exchange students at the International Opportunities Fair! 


5th November - Aftermath of Halloween
This was my first Guy Fawkes Night away from home and it was strange that it was just another day for Canada.


6th November - Freedom
One month and eight exams later, I had finally conquered the only set of midterms I will ever have to take in my life. The feeling of freedom was phenomenal! Next stop: California!


7th November - YYJ > SEA > SJC
Off to visit family down in California!


8th November - Sunnyvale
Definitely living up to its name! 


9th November - Pescadero 
I was whisked away to the coast!


10th November - Pescadero Rock Pools
A lot of time was spent playing on the beach.


11th November - Point Lobos
I was spoilt rotten and taken to some amazing places.


12th November - Big Basin State Park
Best of all was our visit to see a huge grove of redwoods! 


13th November - November Care Package! 
Got home to find this! Chocolates, scented pencils, a bookmark, a key ring, and an amazingly warm snood!


14th November - Winter on its way
It's very hard to show the temperature drop in Victoria but we were down to 4°C! Quite a shock after my week in the Californian sunshine!


15th November - Back to Work...
Walks in crisp, cold air help when you're going stir crazy from essay writing.


16th November - Little Surprises
Weekends when you're stuck inside writing essays don't really make for exciting photo diaries ...but they can still surprise you! I just took a shower and found this ladybird on the ceiling in the bathroom. Wondered one, how ladybirds can still be active in November; two how it got in; and three how it was managing to walk on the ceiling!


17th November - Frost! 
Not quite the snow that's being seen elsewhere in Canada but cold all the same! 


18th November - Wildlife... 
Confession: as a Londoner, the size of the seagulls in Victoria scares me...


19th November - Curriculum Library
I discovered this gorgeous secret library with just a few weeks left of classes. Boo!


20th November - Winter's Arrival 
Hard to believe this tree is the same gloriously orange one I took a picture of last month! The end of these assignments was in sight, though! I handed in my mammoth 7000 word report on this day and had just three more pieces to do.


21st November - Working Too Hard...
So I was all set to go to the Vikes' hockey game and then SUDDEN EXHAUSTION!!! I had been working myself way too hard this semester and spent that night wrapped up in a blanket with a cup of tea.


22nd November - Canadian Skies
Still not feeling fantastic but at least we had clear(ish) skies. The sky feels a lot bigger out here than back home.


23rd November - Returning from the Shops
Excuse the blur (it was dark!) but I keep falling in love with houses on my walks.


24th November - Rainy Day
But I handed in two assignments and treated myself to a beautiful notebook.


25th November - Jungle Gym!
My shortcut to the shops takes me past this cute little playground.


26th November - Parliament Building
Trip downtown to see the Victoria's christmas lights get turned on. There was caroling as well as free hot chocolate and cookies! 


27th November - The Last of Autumn
Snapped between classes... only a few left now.


28th November - The Netherlands Carillon
Just outside the Royal BC Museum


29th November - Snow!
Woke up to this winter wonderland! The only snow I've seen this winter! 


30th November - Revision
Three exams in the next 48 hours. I had been revising all weekend but I had already started daydreaming about the lie-in I would have when they were all over.

Related Posts

0 responses